listing creation & best practices
STEP 1: UPLOAD
Have all your photos ready to go before you select your files. You must have at least one photo per product.
You know those "prove you are not a bot" picture matching captchas? We use a very similar technology, so if we can't easily identify your products, it's best to include more than one picture, and/or include a description.
You will be able to upload your pictures from many popular options such as:
• Your computer
• A direct link
• Google Drive
• Google Photos
STEP 1 TIPS: PRODUCT PHOTO
In most cases one photo is enough. You can call it a one and done situation when the product is
• Clearly identifiable product name and brand
More than one photo is necessary if:
• There are no words on the product in the picture
STEP 2: LISTING
Each photo uploaded will show up as its own listing.
To combine products together click on the edit button for merge options.
The picture you click-on will be the main image; the others will be the supplementary ones.
The image indicated by the star is the main image.
You can check off the other pictures that belong to that product/listing.
The 10 photos uploaded are now sorted into the 5 products/listings. Now, all you need to do is answer:
1) Selling price
2) Product condition (New/Swatched/Used)
3) Description if applicable. (See next section)
4) Product size (Sample/Mini/Full-Size)
STEP 2 TIPS: DESCRIPTIONS AND WHAT TO DISCLOSE
It's always great to include a brief description but, in most cases this field is optional. The best way to decide if you should include a few words is by putting yourself in the buyers' shoes. What would you want to know?
The description field is mandatory for:
• Used products (buyers like to know about the usage levels)
• Identifying shade, scent, or other non-obvious variation
• Products with expiry dates (typically found on sunscreens, acne treatments, sheet masks)
STEP 3: CONFIRMATION
This is where you should review your listings and make sure everything is accurate.
We also break down the fees we charge so you know exactly how much to expect to make on each product.
STEP 3 TIPS: GLOU'S APPROVAL PROCESS
We are continuously working on making the approval process even faster and more accurate for our users.
Here is some insight into what would prevent a listing from going live:
• Missing description according to our listing guidelines
• Non-original photos (taken from another website, or stock photo)
• You are selling an unusual quantity of the same product (this flags our system as potential counterfeits)
• Picture is too blurry/low resolution
Glou will reach out to you if there is a problem with your listing and let you know what to do. Otherwise, you should expect listings to be live within 24 hours.